gluten free dumplings
- 2/3 cup Gluten Free flour
- 1TBS yeast
- +/- 1/3 cup water, 100 degree F
- oil for coating
- Mix GF flour, yeast, and warm water into biscuit dough consistency.
- Coat bowl with oil.
- Set dough to bowl and roll it around.
- Set in warm spot to rise.
- Set timer for thirty minutes.
- Make soup.
- 1/2 TBS butter
- 1 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- s&p to taste
- 1 tsp. sage
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- steak seasoning to taste (I used 1/2 a tsp. spicy McCormick’s Spicy Montreal Steak Seasoning. Maybe less next time…)
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup Italian cheese blend
- Melt butter in saucepan. Add oil.
- Saute chopped onion until it slightly transparent.
- Add broth and water. Add seasonings.
- Simmer on med low heat until timer beeps.
- Form three dumplings out of the dough ball.
- Add dumplings to soup.
- Add spinach to soup.
- Let simmer 10 minutes.
- Transfer soup to large bowl.
- Add cheese.
Cool briefly. Enjoy!