On the recipe card that I’m typing from, is a small square box.
This is the aforementioned square box:
and I must say, I agree.
- 1 1/2 cups Butter
- 2 cups Brown Sugar
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup H2O (I’m not kidding. The recipe card actually says H2O)
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 6 cups Oatmeal
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix in order given.
- Mix in various goodies.
- Makes approx. 10 dozen. (Not nearly enough!)
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown and nicely cookie-like.
Let me know what you think!
- ¾ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup + 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg (vegan substitutes include: 1/4 cup silken tofu blended until completely smooth, 1/4 cup mashed banana, 1/4 cup soy or coconut yogurt, or 2.5 teaspoons of chia seeds.)
- 1¾ cups flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1½ teaspoons ground cloves
- 5 teaspoons powdered ginger
- granulated sugar, to sprinkle
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
Now for the how-to!
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Grease a cookie sheet, or line with parchment paper.
- Stir melted coconut oil into sugar and egg.
- Sift all the dry ingredients into a medium bowl, then stir into the wet batter.
- Roll batter into 1 inch balls and dip one side into granulated sugar.
- Place sugar side up on baking sheet, about 3 inches apart. Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
These are so, so good.
This is a recipe from my dad. It’s easy to make, it’ll make your house smell so good, and these cookies are absolutely delicious.
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup melted butter (or, coconut oil! It’s much healthier.)
- 2 eggs (or egg substitute, if vegan)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix ingredients in large bowl. Add flour slowly. Stir completely.
- Spoon onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- These are great with frosting, chocolate chips, or shredded coconut, but by no means do they require it.