Prep time: 10 – 15 min
Cook time: (varies by oven) 1 hour 10 min
5 Bananas (Brown or Black is Best)
1 Stick Butter (Melted)
2/3 Cup White Sugar
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1 3/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
2 Cups All Purpose Flour
No need for a mixer with this recipie! Preheat the oven to 350* (175*C). With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.
Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda over the mixture, and stir in. Add the flour last, and mix. Pour mixture into a buttered loaf pan.
Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.
Makes one big loaf (or two small ones).
- 2/3 cup Gluten Free flour
- 1TBS yeast
- +/- 1/3 cup water, 100 degree F
- oil for coating
- Mix GF flour, yeast, and warm water into biscuit dough consistency.
- Coat bowl with oil.
- Set dough to bowl and roll it around.
- Set in warm spot to rise.
- Set timer for thirty minutes.
- Make soup.
- 1/2 TBS butter
- 1 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- s&p to taste
- 1 tsp. sage
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- steak seasoning to taste (I used 1/2 a tsp. spicy McCormick’s Spicy Montreal Steak Seasoning. Maybe less next time…)
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup Italian cheese blend
- Melt butter in saucepan. Add oil.
- Saute chopped onion until it slightly transparent.
- Add broth and water. Add seasonings.
- Simmer on med low heat until timer beeps.
- Form three dumplings out of the dough ball.
- Add dumplings to soup.
- Add spinach to soup.
- Let simmer 10 minutes.
- Transfer soup to large bowl.
- Add cheese.
Cool briefly. Enjoy!
You’ll need a large mixing bowl, a spatula, and a large cookie sheet.
- six medium potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- ground pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
2. Wash potatoes.
3. Slice potatoes lengthwise, in half. Slice each half into three wedges,
or four wedges if you have exceptionally robust spuds.
4. Toss all wedges in oil in the large mixing bowl.
5. Sprinkle with pepper to taste.
6. Bake for 45 minutes, or longer for a crisp-tastic crunch.
Quick Change Options:
- Add parmesan to the mix when you add the pepper.
- Top wedges with shredded colby-jack cheese after 35 minutes of baking. Continue baking for the last 10 minutes.
- Add paprika and chili pepper for some spice.
Easier than it sounds.
You’ll need a large mixing bowl, a sauce pan, and an 9×9 baking dish.
- 1 box frozen spinach
- 2 cups shredded low salt colby-jack cheese, divided
- 1 can no sodium added chicken broth, divided
- 1 cup sour cream, divided
- +/- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. white pepper, divided
- 1/4 c salsa
- 8 FLOUR tortillas
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 F.
2. Squeeze out all excess spinach juice.
3. In mixing bowl; mix spinach, 1 and 1/2 cup cheese, 1/2 can chicken broth, 1/2 cup sour cream, garlic powder to taste, 1 and 1/2 tsp white pepper, salsa.
4. Divide filling evenly into the eight tortillas.
5. Squeeze enchiladas into 9×9 baking pan.
6. Mix remaining ingredients in sauce pan and bring to simmer.
7. Pour sauce over enchiladas.
8. Bake for 25 minutes.
9. Let Cool for 10 minutes or so.
Quick Change Options:
- Make Gluten Free by using GF corn tortillas – you’ll need more than eight.
- Make Spinach Lasagna – use lasagna noodles, trade salsa for Italian seasoning, and use spaghetti instead of sour cream sauce.
- Make Super Bowl Spinach Dip – skip tortillas, mix everything, bake in oven proof bowl and eat with chips.
So it’s not really soup. Makes one serving. First of all, you will need:
-one and a half tablespoons of jelly
-one or two tablespoons of peanut butter
-half a cup of Malt O Meal
-one cup of room temperature water
1. Pour the Malt O Meal into the bowl, then cover with water. More water makes thinner, more soup-like, PB&J soup.
2. Microwave the Malt O Meal and water for about one minute on high. Times will vary between microwaves.
3. When the microwave is done, take out the cooked Malt O Meal. While it’s still hot, put in the peanut butter. Stir. Add the jelly, and stir again, until everything is mixed thoroughly.
4. Put away ingredients, let cool slightly, and serve!
1 cup of apple cider
1/3 of a cap of lemon juice (per person)
1 Tablespoon of cranberry juice
1 cup/glass per person
shake the cider, lots
pour into cup
add 1/3 cap of lemon juice
add 1TB of cranberry juice
add hot water *optional
Old fashion Oats
* Cinnamon Sugar
Kettle Or Sauce Pan
One Bowl Per Person
Steak Or Kitchen knife
Fill the Kettle With water
Fill bowl with oatmeal
core apple and plant if organic and throw away if not
Cut apple into small slices
put apple into oatmeal
add boiling water to just cover the oatmeal
*add cinnamon and sugar
Let cool and serve.