- 4 pounds sweet potatoes, sliced
- 1.5 cups almond milk, warmed (actual milk would work too)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheese (you could try using cashew cheese to make it vegan, but it’s not going to yield the same sticky result shredded cheese would. Here’s an easy cashew cheese recipe.)
- 5 teaspoons thyme
- 2 cloves garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (about 190 Celsius).
- Lightly grease a muffin tin.
- Mix almond milk, coconut oil, and seasonings in a bowl.
- Stack potatoes in muffin cups with cheese between the slices.
- Pour seasoning mix over stacks.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes.
- Uncover, sprinkle tops with cheese, and bake 5 minutes more.