This recipe makes 5 servings of delicious Irish potato dessert. It’s gluten free, and if you substitute the milk and eggs for, say, 3/4 cup soymilk and 5 teaspoons chia seeds, vegan too! (Note – I haven’t tested a vegan version, so I’m not sure chia seeds would be a perfect egg replacement, but the soymilk will definitely work. Let me know how it turns out if you try it!)
- 5 Potatoes, mashed, with no excess fluid – or, instant potatoes, made stiff.
- 2 eggs (or egg substitute)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup milk (or soymilk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mint sprigs to garnish!
- Form lime sized balls with potatoes,
- Put in 9×9 glass baking pan.
- In 2 cup measuring cup, add powdered sugar, eggs, vanilla, and milk, to equal 2 cups. Mix well.
- Pour over potatoes. Place in cold oven, then preheat to 350 degrees. Bake for 45 minutes. Will still be liquid on top in center.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Serve warm with a sprig of mint as garnish.