- ¾ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup + 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg (vegan substitutes include: 1/4 cup silken tofu blended until completely smooth, 1/4 cup mashed banana, 1/4 cup soy or coconut yogurt, or 2.5 teaspoons of chia seeds.)
- 1¾ cups flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1½ teaspoons ground cloves
- 5 teaspoons powdered ginger
- granulated sugar, to sprinkle
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
Now for the how-to!
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Grease a cookie sheet, or line with parchment paper.
- Stir melted coconut oil into sugar and egg.
- Sift all the dry ingredients into a medium bowl, then stir into the wet batter.
- Roll batter into 1 inch balls and dip one side into granulated sugar.
- Place sugar side up on baking sheet, about 3 inches apart. Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
These are so, so good.