This is a relatively new one, from a recipe book I picked up about two or three years ago.
Serves 6, Ready in about 3 hours (2.5 spent in freezer).
- 3.5 oz (100g) dried apricots. (the kind that are still kind of moist. They call them no-soak?)
9 fl oz (250ml) [just over 1 cup] water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 7 tablespoons pulp of the whatever other fruit you think would go good with apricots. This book suggests passion fruit, but I think mango or even sweetened applesauce would be great!
- Put apricots in a pan with water; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and let simmer for about 10 minutes until extra soft.
- Puree them in a blender with the water, then blend in lemon juice + orange juice, and 3 tablespoons of your fruit pulp.
- Add 2 more tablespoons fruit pulp, mix well, then transfer to a large freezerproof container and freeze for 20 minutes.Beat the sorbet to break any ice chunks, then return to the freezer for an additional 2 hours, or until fully frozen, beating every 20 minutes to maintain a smooth texture.
If yours turns out a little thicker than you would like, just add some extra orange juice.
Voila! It’s a bit of work, but in the heat of summer, homemade sorbet is absolutely fantastic.