This cake is courtesy of Grandma Twilla; my great, great grandmother.
The recipe was transcribed for my mother, sometime in the late eighties/early nineties.
Total time: about 1 hour 5 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In an ungreased 9×13 cake pan or baking dish, mix
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can pie filling (any flavor) (Side note – Apple is probably best.)
- If you like, you can add a little bit of cocoa powder and chocolate chips for extra yum!
- 1/2 cup of nuts (walnuts or pecans are very good here.)
- 1/2 cup raisins, if desired.
- Bake 1 hour at 350.
- No frosting necessary! Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
If you make this, I’d love to know how it turns out!