This is a recipe from before I was born. It’s like a lighter version of corn casserole.
- 2 cans (uncooked) yellow or white hominy, drained
- (optional) green and red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped (I find that short, wide, yellow onions are the sweetest.)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated. Other shredded cheeses would also work for this recipe, as long as they aren’t mozzarella or ricotta, because those both would be kinda weird in a recipe like this.
- 1 small can chopped green chiles (drained, if possible)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Add ingredients in large bowl and mix.
- Pour into ungreased baking dish.
- Bake the first half of time covered, and the second half, uncovered.
- Grandma Sharon didn’t use a specific amount of time, but based on my research, I would bake this for a total 30 – 35 minutes.
- Top with cheese and let melt.
- Let cool 5 minutes before serving.