This one’s pretty simple… and it can be made milk-free!
Time required: about 4 hours and 15 minutes.
Don’t freak out! 4 hours of that is spent in the fridge.
Here’s what you’re gonna need:
- 4 cups milk (or, soymilk/milk substitute)
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Cinnamon + nutmeg to garnish
- a saucepan
- a thermometer would be handy. Or if you’re like me, you could just guess and hope it works.
- a stove
- a refrigerator (or, the icy wastes of the snow-covered outdoors, if it’s as cold as where I am now.)
- cups. I suppose this could also be drunk straight from the pitcher, but y’know.
- Oh yeah, and measuring cups. You know, to measure stuff with.
Now, pour les instructions ~
- Whisk eggs & 2 cups milk (or substitute) over low heat in saucepan, up to 160 degrees fahrenheit or 71.111… degrees celsius.
- Remove from heat. Add remaining milk + vanilla.
- Whisk and chill. That sounds like a dance move. (“Now watch me whisk” “Now watch me chill chill” “Ok!”) Dancing optional.
- Keep that chilling for 4 hours minimum.
- Serve chilled. Garnish with
all the spices you can possibly pile on itcinnamon + nutmeg! Cloves and allspice are also good.
& it’s done! If you try this recipe, comment & let us know how it turns out!