Can I just say: yum.
This makes 8 servings, and takes about 40 minutes to cook.
Great for brunch!
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 can apple pie filling
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (12oz) can refrigerated biscuits
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (pecans are my favorite!)
- In a saucepan, melt coconut oil, stir in brown sugar, and add the apple pie filling, cinnamon, and vanilla.
Resist the urge to eat it.
- Spread half of the delicious smelling apple mixture into a 2 quart shallow baking dish. If you are using one made of glass, be careful! Make sure your glass is oven safe (boron-infused).
- Separate your biscuits, and cut each one into quarters. Arrange the pieces points-up over the apple mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees fahrenheit for 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool for five minutes.
I know it’s tempting to try tasting it before it’s cooled, because omg have you ever smelled anything better than this, but it’s better to make sure you don’t burn your mouth.Serve warm.
And actually, if you have leftovers to put in the fridge, it tastes great chilled too!
If you do this recipe, I’d love to know how it turned out!