Easier than it sounds.
You’ll need a large mixing bowl, a sauce pan, and an 9×9 baking dish.
- 1 box frozen spinach
- 2 cups shredded low salt colby-jack cheese, divided
- 1 can no sodium added chicken broth, divided
- 1 cup sour cream, divided
- +/- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. white pepper, divided
- 1/4 c salsa
- 8 FLOUR tortillas
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 F.
2. Squeeze out all excess spinach juice.
3. In mixing bowl; mix spinach, 1 and 1/2 cup cheese, 1/2 can chicken broth, 1/2 cup sour cream, garlic powder to taste, 1 and 1/2 tsp white pepper, salsa.
4. Divide filling evenly into the eight tortillas.
5. Squeeze enchiladas into 9×9 baking pan.
6. Mix remaining ingredients in sauce pan and bring to simmer.
7. Pour sauce over enchiladas.
8. Bake for 25 minutes.
9. Let Cool for 10 minutes or so.
Quick Change Options:
- Make Gluten Free by using GF corn tortillas – you’ll need more than eight.
- Make Spinach Lasagna – use lasagna noodles, trade salsa for Italian seasoning, and use spaghetti instead of sour cream sauce.
- Make Super Bowl Spinach Dip – skip tortillas, mix everything, bake in oven proof bowl and eat with chips.